As we head into spring, you may be thinking of doing some spring cleaning and getting rid of items in your space. It’s easier — and more important! — than ever to recycle your junk. Not only is it good for the environment,
Read on for some key tips on how to maximize your recycling and reduce your waste:
1. Always break down your boxes to maximize your recycling space!
2. You can recycle ALL plastic bottles — don’t forget the salad dressing!
3. In addition to newspaper, remember that you can recycle most of your paper goods from wrapping paper to birthday cards.
4. Don’t forget the metallic items, from your used tin foil to cans.
5. Oregon has a robust recycling program, but anything you cannot recycle with curbside service you can drop off at your local center.
6. Use your service website to learn about what is and is not accepted — there are a number of items people can accidentally or carelessly place in recycling that create hazards to workers and machines.
7. Always recycle glass! It is the one materials that can be recycled infinitely!
8. Remember to rinse! Washing off food from your containers before you recycle is not only
Don’t forget work and school!
9. Carry your commitment to recycling to work as well by packing a lunch, using a reusable coffee mug, and reducing paper consumption.
10. Kids can also support recycling at school by recycling their lunch items, bringing reusable lunch containers, and reducing paper use. Local service providers often have resources for kids on how to be eco-friendly at home, and make recycled crafts.
11. Remember to close the loop! Purchasing recycled products gives us a purpose to utilize our recycling. Local programs rely on consumers to purchase recycled products to complete the recycling process — which closes the recycling loop!
A commitment to recycling not only helps the planet, but also your local community with job creation, creating eco-friendly products, and decluttering spaces. Knowing the best practices can get you started on the right foot and become a recycling pro in your home.
You can see a more detailed list of our residential and commercial services; review a gallery of our before/after images; read our reviews; or book online (for either a free quote or full job completion).
We provide service within the following parts of the Portland Metro Area:
NE Portland, Fairview, Troutdale, SE Portland, Gresham, Happy Valley, Clackamas, Boring, Damascus, Milwuakie, Jennings Lodge, Oak Grove, Gladstone, Oregon City, Wilsonville, Lake Oswego, Canby.